Here are my Pages...

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter - my thoughts

I've just finished reading Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter by Louise Pentland a.k.a A Sprinkle Of Glitter on Youtube and I wanted to give my thoughts on it.

I first want to say how proud I am of Louise, as a sprinklerino for a good few years I have seen Louise grow as a youtuber and creator and enjoy watching her videos every week with them being the highlight of my day. With her videos and especially her vlogs she does on her second channel A Sprinkle Of Chatter we've had the opportunity to see her and her family grow as she gives us an insight into her life. As Louise has mentioned in blog posts and in videos she was a bit behind on deadlines with this book (but with a young child and a busy career who can blame her) as well as it being her first book it's something special. Just the fact that she's put so much time and effort in to make it something enjoyable for her viewers and Sprinklerinos and written it herself is something to be noted.

Anyway I guess I should give my thoughts on the actual book.
Firstly can we just stop and notice how beautiful this book is, after reading each page I was excited to see what the next one would look like, with each page being unique and having its one little touches with the layout and design alone the book is already incredible.
You can tell that Louise put her heart and soul into this book and each page represents her which I love, you can tell that this book is very much Louise than oppose to the publishers and the people that she worked with and that each page was thought out well and has a stamp of Louise on it.

The book is very well written and I adore the fact that it is like you are having a conversation with Louise herself when reading this book. Each chapter has had a lot of effort and time put in and there isn't a chapter where I thought "that could have more things in" or "that wasn't done very well" each chapter is beautiful written and illustrated.

I think that the book itself has lots of variety and as Louise says in the book you don't have to read it chapter by chapter you can just read certain parts. Which makes it very enjoyable and makes it appeal to a broader audience. Even though most of Louises viewers and target audience for this book is females ages around 12 plus, its not just for females and of you are a fan of Louise it doesn't matter what gender you are you would thoroughly enjoy this book, yes there is make-up and pampering part in the book but I think no matter what gender you are you can enjoy it and make-up and pampering yourself isn't for females. Moving on this book is very advice based, and reading it its just like having a book written for you by an older sister, which to quite a lot of Louises viewers they see her as a big sister. Louise gives excellent advice in this book. I love the fact that she gives advice on a range of topics to moving into your on place (either with a lover or yourself, even just decorating your room) to her pregnancy with Baby Glitter (which her older fans would appreciate, but would also be helpful for younger fans in the future) to bullying which is a massive issue all around the world and something that most people experience.
I love her anti baking chapter and it gives lots of recipes that I want to try and also some that I've never heard of so I can't wait to give them a go. I also think that her craft chapter is fab as I know that she has a high interest in crafts and even though I'm not a 'crafty' person, I still thoroughly enjoyed the chapter and saw some ideas that I would love to try.

Her chapter on love and boys was very humorous, the stories of her dates were on of the highlights of the book for me, I couldn't stop laughing at them!

If you're a fan of Louise or not, or haven't even heard of her (if so check out her youtube account immediately - Sprinkle Of Glitter) then I am sure that you will adore this book as much as I do, it's filled with advice from humours stories to more serious topics like bullying, after reading this book it will feel like you've just had a warm hug from her, with it feeling like you've been given advice from a big sister.
This book is not one to be missed and is one that I will be continually reading over and over again (I was quite sad after reading it and almost didn't want to finish it, with savouring each new and exciting page, but when you start reading it you can't stop. I see myself going back to read one chapter and then not stopping and carrying on reading more and more chapters in one sitting haha)
Louise has done an amazing job on this book and I can't wait to see what else she has in store for us in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment